What is (IoT) Internet of Things?
The (IoT) Internet of Things is a technology with many different layers. It allows the easy creation, management, and automation of connected devices inside the IoT space. In other words; IoT interconnects many different types of hardware to countless applications in the Cloud.
Using the IoT platform; hardware devices like your smartphone, car, watch, or other wearable technology can connect to lots of applications in The Cloud; such as:
Data Storage/Analytics Applications
- Data Storage (Google Drive, Drop Box, etc.)
- Data Analytics (Business Intelligence, Forecasting, Alerting, Reporting)
Consumer Software (sold directly to people)
- Education (Course delivery system, STEM courses, etc.
- Office Productivity (Document Creation and Management)
- Financial (Banking, Investing, taxes, etc.
- Productivity (calendars, planners, etc.)
- Creativity (editing, designing, etc.)
- Information Security (anti-virus, Intrusion detection, etc.)
Industrial Applications (Developed for Industry)
- Software specifically developed for an industry (Airlines, Military, Medical, etc.)
Business Applications (Developed for Business)
- Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Customer Relationship Management database.
- Project Management
- Process Management
- Human Resource Management
Personal Applications (Developed by you for you!)
- Your cool apps