Introduction to Filmmaking and Video Editing
Filmmaking is a fundamentally required element in the visual storytelling process. During the Spring Break Camp Session* our students will work together to write, shoot, direct and edit one film to visually tell their story. This unique course offers hands-on introduction to filmmaking for the next generation of filmmakers. In this class, students will collaborate to visually present one collective idea through their branded short film. The course is divided into 3 sections:
Creating a Short Story: Each student will participate in the creation of a single script containing:
- Structure: Story and Plot–3 Part Presentation (Setup, Conflict & Resolution)
- Theme: Love, Good vs. Evil, Power & Corruption, Survival, Courage, etc.
- Protagonist: Good Person
- Antagonist: Bad Person
Production: Each student will take turns in the role of:
- Director: Plan Scenes and Manage Production
- Camera Operator: SONY NEX-FS100 or Canon 5D Mark III
- Boom Operator: Operates Boom Microphone
- Actor: Perform Assigned Roles On-Camera
Post Production: Each student will participate in:
- Editing with digital editing software
- Producing the Final Cut
- The completed 10-15 minutes video will be posted to YouTube.
- Participating students will be properly credited.
- Each student will be licensed to distribute the completed video freely, forever.
Certificate issued upon completion of the free training.
The intended objective of this fun and exciting, technical learning adventure is to develop listed skillsets for each student:
- Critical Thinking
- Build Leadership
- Build Confidence
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes